Thursday, May 8, 2008

Laundry Day

Today it was just me and the boys. I woke up this morning and realized that the mound of laundry was taller than me! Okay, not really but it seemed like it. So I decided that the responsible thing to do was stay home today and do laundry, although I would much rather be at the mall, but hey who wouldn't? So that is what I have done all day! I have gone back and forth between putting clothes from the floor to the washer, clothes from the washer to the dryer, and then clothes from the dryer to the couch to be folded. Geez, does this horrible laundry cycle ever end? I would seriously rather clean the toilets then do laundry because it seems like even if I do a load every day there is still a pile to do. Please explain this to me! And if that was not bad enough it then STILL has to be folded and put away in the right room and the right drawer or hung up. Then today while I was taking a break from folding I read an email that had a cute little picture of a rainbow and a saying that said "We do not remember days; we remember moments". I stopped and thought how true that is! A month from now, even a week from now I will not remember this endless day of laundry but I will remember the face Preston made the moment he decided he wanted to eat play dough for lunch today. Or the smile I got this morning from Hudson when he first woke up. So it is those little things that make the pile of laundry not seem so bad because today I got to spend precious moments with my two little boys. We were not racing around trying to get from here to there, it was just us doing everything at our pace on our own time! 10 years from now I will wish I had this time again with them and I will want to do 100 loads of laundry in exchange for those moments! I guess it is days like these you learn the most, who knew laundry could be so enlightening? :) Oh and P.S. I happened to catch Preston's face on camera when he took that first bite of play dough...classic!!

No comments: