Monday, November 17, 2008

On This Day 1 Year Ago...

At 9:30pm our beautiful Hudson David was born, he was a strapping 9lbs 4ozs and 21 inches long!! I can not tell you how slow my last month of pregnancy went! Since Preston was three and half weeks early I was expecting Hudson to make his appearance sometime in October. Every afternoon for that whole last month I would take Preston for a walk for at least a mile hoping to put myself into labor. I kept telling my doctor that he was going to get bigger and bigger in there! After an ultrasound she estimated him at only a little over 8 lbs (yeah right!). Finally she said to come in and she would send me to the hospital to be induced, well needless to say she had a family emergency and so I did not get to go but had an appt made for the next week at 6am for induction. I remember that day just sitting in the doctor's office crying because I was so uncomfortable and I just wanted the baby out! Finally the day came for my appt and at 5:15 am I get a call saying there were no beds so I was third on the waiting list to come in. You can only imagine what kind of mood I was in for the rest of the day and the next day and half I waited by the phone. Then Saturday afternoon at 2pm I finally got the call, so Seth and I headed to the hospital. By 3 pm I was in the room waiting for the doctor. By the time everything got set up it was 4 when the induction was started. By 9 pm it was time to push and after 2 pushes the doctor had to leave to do an emergency c-section. In came the mid wife and out came Hudson.

Hudson has brought so much joy to our family and even some new experiences. With 2 emergency hospitals visits he never leaves us with a dull moment. He is so head strong and stubborn and he does not like to be told no. Hudson is always good for cuddling and he loves his older brother. Just like he was slow in joining the world he is taking his sweet time walking in it. He can do it, he just chooses not to! It is funny that even during my pregnancy his personality was shinning through! I love that he is so brave towards big things yet so scared of little things like birds. I love that like his brother he is the perfect mix of Seth and I so no one can ever really quite tell who he looks like! Hudson, we all love you so much and I can not even remember our lives without you! I am amazed how fast your first year of life has come and gone. I will miss your baby stage, but I can not wait to see what a wonderful little boy you will grow into and what great things you will do with your life. Always Remember Daddy, Bubba, and I love you so much, as does the rest of your family! Never forget how blessed you are to have such a big family who cares for you and will always be there for you!

Happy Birthday Monkey Baby!!




No comments: