I have just been pondering lately the word love. Preston has come to learn to a certain extent what "I love you" means. Of course I can never hear enough of him saying "I love you Mama", but he still has so much to learn about the true meaning. In today's world it seems like the word love is thrown around without a second thought to it's meaning(s). I feel it is a word that I have only now really come to understand. Love to me means you will love that person without fail, you will always fight for them and never give up on them. How blessed Seth and I have been with amazing family and friends that we love so much and who love us. We both have parents who prepared us so well for adulthood and parenthood loving us unconditionally our whole lives. I feel because I am an adult and parent I can only now fully understand what it truly means to love and appreciate our parents for giving us the tools to become the best possible people and we will forever be grateful. I knew not too long after I met Seth that I loved him but since I married him I have this love for him that just fills me from head to toe. Even though I have known him for 8 years I find a new way to love him everyday and I think this is a love you can never really understand until you are married. I love him so much for committing to this marriage because it takes us both to make it work! How great it is to have a man who helps me when I falter and who loves me in spite of it. To me no one can ever fully understand love until they have a child of their own. It is an instant love because my children never had to earn it! I loved them from the minute I saw those two pink lines! I will always love my children no matter what they do or who they become! I have this passion to protect my kids from the bad things of this world because I love them and I want to show them how to lead a life pleasing to God and how to truly love others. What a blessing it is to have some wonderful friends who we love and can always count on. It is just so comforting to know that we have so many people that care for us in all things and love us without fail no matter what we do or how bad we screw up! Even greater to have a God who has done this from the beginning and that has a love for us that incorporates all these meanings. He will love us unconditionally, forgive us no matter what, and will protect us from this world. How sad would it be to have a life without love for God, family, and friends...it is what gives us meaning!
Just some of my favorite verses...How comforting God's word is!
"Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying." Romans 12:12
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Thank you for that wonderful post. You are a wonderful daughter and mother and I appreciate you putting God in your life.
I love you,
Dad
Post a Comment