Monday, May 5, 2008

A Day Of Potty Training

So Preston actually went pee on the potty on Saturday which was a MAJOR break through. There were some tears but once he actually went and saw that nothing happened he started being more open to the idea! His prize was to get a new Elmo movie. So we went to Target and picked out a movie called Elmo goes to the potty! How great is that? My kid is obsessed with Elmo and I saw an opportunity to make this process go a little faster. So today since Monday is usually our stay at home day we have been sitting on the potty a lot! After lunch and a cup of juice he went pee on the toilet, no tears this time!! I wish someone had a camera here to record my face when I started to hear that wonderful little tinkle sound. I am sure it is the biggest grin ever! I never would have thought that such a small thing could make me so happy? But I guess it rates up there with his first smile, his first laugh, his first crawl, his first step, and the first time he said mama and dada and meant it! My little baby is getting so big and growing up way too fast! He is his own little person now with his own thoughts and for sure his own opinions! I know people say it all goes by way too fast but you never realize what they mean until it is your baby! Ah, a tear to my eye! I know silly :) So back to the pee story, I decided to use the Elmo movie to my advantage. Now when ever Preston goes to the potty his stuffed Elmo comes too and sits on the little toilet so they can go together. I was surprised how amazingly well this idea worked! Hopefully soon we will graduate to going poop on the potty too. Small steps! I am also putting up a picture of Hudson taking his nap today. He is a thumb sucker and as much as I dread having to deal with this in 3 years, he looks so stinking cute right now when he does it! Hope you all have a marvelous Monday!














1 comment:

The Williamson's said...

Your Boy's are so cute! Your a great mom! You need to give me lessons, so I'm prepared :)