Thursday, May 22, 2008

A Sad Day!

Today was nothing too exciting. Preston had his hair cut this morning and it looks adorable as usual! Then he stayed and played at Sara's house while I took Hudson to his 6 month check up for shots. Those are never any fun :( Anyways, when we got there they did the usual height, weight, and head circumference check. Then when Dr. James came in he made us go out and weigh him again? So we did and when we came back into the room we looked at Hudson's charts and he showed me that he had grown in everything except weight. He went on to say there is nothing to worry about because the kid is a complete chunker and looks totally healthy! So he came to the conclusion that my milk most likely does not have enough calories to keep up with his growing body. Well this just makes me sad! So for the next month he is on formula only. No nursing or solid food, that way he can catch up on the weight he did not gain in 2 months. As much as I complained about nursing sometimes I enjoyed our Mommy and Hudson time so it will be missed! I just want to make sure I do what is best for him which is obviously formula, so that is what I will do! Tonight we have Stacy's (Seth's sister) graduation from high school so that should be fun. Only hope we do not get rained on. I mean come on, where else but Arizona is it 110 degrees one day and the next it is 65 degrees! All I have to say is this 3 day weekend is much needed and next week MEXICO!!!

1 comment:

Krista said...

Hey girl, I feel your pain. Nursing is a precious thing and hard to give up when you're not the one who made that decision! Good job with your babies, they are just darling.