
Thursday, September 11, 2008
7 Years Ago Today...
I was thinking this morning where I was 7 years ago today. I remember walking up to my dad yelling something so I went down stairs and was horrified by what I saw! They were showing on the Today show how a plane had just hit the World Trade Center. I remember just thinking it had to be a mistake but then the second plane it an everyone knew we were being attacked. I remember at school everyone walking around like zombies not know what to say and in each class we just watched the news! September 11, 2001 was a horrible day for this country! I was 16 at the time and maybe because this was the first big tragic thing I was alive for it really made it's mark in my memory. I will always remember what I was doing that day and how I felt! It was hard for me to hear all the stories of families who had lost loved ones and did not know for days. weeks. or months where they were. A few years ago Seth and I went and saw Flight 93 and it just brought all those feeling back again of anger and sadness. I think by then it was more anger than anything! Through the whole movie everyone just sat there in complete silence until the end when a passenger yelled let's roll and they attacked the terrorists and then everyone in theater clapped and cheered! Maybe it gave us all a sense of relief that maybe some of the terrorists got what they deserved! As I sit here today I still get chills thinking about how this day 7 years ago changed our country. To this day if I happen to look at the clock at 9:11 it is just brings back the memory. Those numbers will forever hold meaning! I now will always fly an American flag outside my house as a memorial to all those who lot their lives on that day and all those soldiers who continue to lose their lives fighting for our freedom! I feel blessed to live in the United States. I feel blessed that we have heroes such as firefighters and policeman who are willing to sacrifice their own lives for others. I also feel blessed that we had such an amazing man like George Bush as our president at the time. He is a great man who puts his faith in God and I think that helped our nation heal. I continue to pray for the families of all those lost and the families who have loved ones who continue to fight for our country! God Bless the USA!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment