Thursday, October 16, 2008

3 Years...Well A Week Ago!

"A great marriage is not when the 'perfect couple' come together. It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences."
So I had planned on doing a post for Seth and I's 3 year anniversary and I realized I forgot..oops! Well better late then never I guess. 3 years ago on October 11 we got married and it was one of the best days of my life!! It was everything I ever dreamed it would be and much more! We actually met 7 years ago this last June at church camp. Over those years he has become my best friend and without him I am not myself! He has always made me a better person and I hope he feels the same way, I am sure he does! He is a wonderful husband, father and friend. He is the man I always hoped to marry and I thank God everyday for blessing me with such a wonderful person. For our anniversary we went to Vegas obviously but on the actual day we went out to dinner and then to do our favorite thing. We went to Barnes and Noble to read and have Starbucks. I look back over the many years we have done this and I still love it! We get to just sit and talk which we really enjoy doing! I think that is important to have in a marriage, to be able to just enjoy each others company and we still do! I remember how when we were still dating how people used to tease us about how mushy we were and how everything he did I thought was cute. Well I will not lie I do not still think everything he does is cute but he still has this smile/smirk that makes me laugh this silly giggle and I still get butterflies when he kisses me on the forehead. I feel that in these past 3 years I have gained some insight on marriage so I will share for those single people out there. Marriage is no a piece of cake, let me tell you! It takes work from both people! There is a difference between being with a person all the time and actually living with them. It takes time to learn each others habits and some of these will not be pleasant habits. I have learned though that it is not something worth getting mad about because I am sure I have habits that drive him nuts too! What is most important is when you fight, talk about it don't run away from the problem because it will only continue to come back. Finally there is a reason God placed the two of us together and I always remind myself that! I just think back to the day I met Seth and it was a chance meeting which only God could have caused and I remember the first feelings of love I had for him. I still get that feeling today! So thank you babe for your love and your friendship. Without you I would not have this wonderful life or the two little boys who make our lives so complete. I know life causes stress that can wear on us sometimes but in the end you are my rock! Thank you for all your sacrifices and all your efforts. You are truly a wonderful person and I love you more everyday!
*These are some of my favorite pictures of us and yes they are pictures of pictures because believe it or not kids we did not have digital cameras when we first met!



Our First Picture
Together!
June 2001









This Would Be The
Mushy :-)




























Not Gonna Lie This
One Still Causes
Some Drooling :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on three years!

The Horrell Family said...

That first picture cracks me up!!!