Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Another Eventful Zoo Day

I do not know what it is but lately whenever we go to the zoo some one always gets hurt! Ok wait let me correct that...Hudson always gets hurt! Last time it was a nice big goose egg on his head and this time he hurt his leg. I am not even really sure what happened exactly. He tried to take a step off a step that was too high and fell forward. At first I though he hit his head on the stroller so I am consoling him looking for a bump and bruise. After about 10 minutes he was still crying, which is unusual for Hudson, usually he cries for a minute and his done. I thought to myself maybe he just wants down so I put him down and he immediately collapses to his butt. So I tried to stand him up again and he did the same thing. It was obvious he hurt his leg and at this point he was still crying. Tracy and Jenny decided maybe we should take hm to the park ranger and see what they thought. So we walked to the front of the zoo and I decided to see if he could walk yet. I set him down and he went go straight to hiss butt again. At this point I decided to just take him to urgent care because they could x-ray it right there. Long story short nothing is broken but he tweaked something for sure! It is weird because he will slowly take more and more steps like it is loosening up and then he will walk but has this funny limp. But then like after nap if he has not walked for awhile it must stiffen back up because for a good 15 minutes he will not walk, only crawl and then slowly again he starts taking more steps. So I am kinda playing this wait and see game to see how he does in the next couple of days and then I might take him to the pediatrician to see if there is muscular damage or something. Anyways luckily this happened at the end of the trip so luckily we did have a good day that was just abruptly ended. I feel like maybe people are like don't you watch your kid at the zoo? I do I promise he just tries so hard to keep up with the big kids (Preston and Sara) and both accidents have been him trying to get off the steps just like them. I just realized now that I forgot to put the memory card back in my camera so none of my pictures saved, so as soon as Tracy posts hers I will steal some to put here! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD/PAPA!!! WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!

Pre leg injury!
(For a few more pics see Tracy's blog!)

1 comment:

The Horrell Family said...

So what you're saying is "post your pics!" I will soon don't worry!