Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Red Neck Lettuce Wraps

Seth made these for lunch the other day and they were super yummy, super easy and pretty healthy!!
I just had to share! I am so lucky to be married to a wonderful cook especially since I am not!



Here is the recipe:

3 grilled chicken breasts
1 yellow onion 
1 green pepper
2 cups of your favorite BBQ sauce (Seth makes his own)
Romaine lettuce

Dice up the onion and green pepper. In a pan caramelize the onion and when they hare about half way done throw in the green peppers. Cube up the grilled chicken and add that into the pan along with the 2 cups of BBQ sauce. Allow all the flavors to blend together for about 7 minutes. Break off pieces of the romaine lettuce (after you rinse it of course) and put the chicken mixture in the middle. Roll it up and enjoy. We like to have a little extra BBQ sauce to dip the wrap in with each bite!!

No comments: