Sunday, November 7, 2010

Thankfulness

With it being November (I can't believe the year is almost over) I have been listing one thing a day that I am thankful for. I really should be doing this year round because I should always reflect and have a grateful heart for all the things God has blessed me with! But by doing this I realize just how BLESSED I truly am! I have just really focused on the thing I am most thankful for and that is the salvation and eternal life through Jesus Christ we have been given as Christians. Sometimes it is so easy to get wrapped up in the negatives. Is life easy...no! Being an adult is a lot more work than I ever thought it would be! Being a mom and a wife is harder than I thought it would be but so much more rewarding at the same time! We have so much more responsibility and I think that idea tends to weigh on my shoulders. I have this need to always feel in control, when really what I need to do it stop, pray and give it over to the One who truly KNOWS exactly what I need! Our pastor, Mark (I am really thankful for him too!) said something about a month back that really opened my eyes to the idea of trials. He said that being a Christian is not easy. God gives us trials to teach us and to grow us. If our life as a Christian seems easy we need to really reflect on whether we are putting ourselves completely out there and allowing Him to teach us and grow us! Seth and I talked about this and realized God will always provide for us as long as we have faith and put our trust in him. I have really been working on this, sometimes easier said then done but I am praying and trying to put this into practice. I have been working on during my prayer time having a quiet heart so that I may hear what I need to hear. I am trying to let go of my need for control and let God lead me completely. Not saying here God you take care of this situation and I will take care of this situation. I know that He loves me more than anything and only wants what is best for us. He has this ultimate plan for us and why should I worry when I have this truth to hold on to? I mean He created the universe, He gave His son to take away our sins, and has invested so much into our life, how comforting!! He has entrusted three amazing little human beings into our care and expects us to raise them up in His likeness. What a huge responsibility and blessing that is. I am beyond THANKFUL for this responsibility. I pray daily that they will grow up to be Godly men. I am really going to focus on my thankfulness more because when we weigh the struggles against the blessings the blessings FAR outweigh the struggles. Today in church we sang one of my favorite songs called "O Praise The One" by Hillsong United. It is amazing how even in the form of a song God gives me exactly what I needed to hear. The verses are such an amazing prayer for my heart...

I hear the Savior say
Thy strength indeed is small
Child of weakness watch and pray
Find in me thine all in all

Jesus paid it all
All to him I owe
Sin had left a crimson stain
He washed it white as snow

Lord now indeed I find
Thy power and thine alone
Can change the lepers spots
And melt the heart of stone

Jesus paid it all
All to him I owe
Sin had left a crimson stain
He washed it white as snow

It's washed away! All my sin! And all my shame!

And when before the throne
I stand in him complete
Jesus died my soul to save
My lips shall still repeat

Jesus paid it all
All to him I owe
Sin had left a crimson stain
He washed it white as snow

Oh praise the one who paid my debt and raised this life up from the dead

Jesus paid it all
All to him I owe
Sin had left a crimson stain
He washed it white as snow

Here is an amazing quote! Sometimes we think we know what is best for us and even if at the time we do not understand God only wants the BEST for us!

When that miracle comes and Your answer is yes, I will praise You for all of my days..but when Your wisdom is shown, and Your answer is no...I will praise You all the same!

Lastly I wanted to share one of my favorite verses. I find it so comforting to know I can come to God in prayer and find in Him the ultimate comfort!

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Philippians 4:6

Three of the most important things in my life that I am most thankful for!!

No comments: